antiambition

Friday, July 9, 2010

Breaking The Cherry

Lets see how this goes.

I have started a lot of blogs and they never last very long. I quickly lose interest and they are forgotten and then deleted three months later after when I remember them.

The reason I am starting this one is unclear also. I am unemployed.

Still.

After a year and a half.

The last six months I have been going to the local technical school for web site design and maintenance. Now..I have always been the first one of my immediate peers to grab onto the newest technology, but I am in so far over my head with the stuff I am learning its not even funny. I used to laugh at my mom for not being able to change the clock on the VCR and now the woman that is supervising me at my current internship gives me the same look full of pity and hope every time she asks me to complete a job for her.

Oh yeah, thats another reason for the new blog. I am an unpaid intern  right now as part of the class. So far the internship has consisted of me making a rather bland poster that describes myself.

That piece of artwork can be seen to your right. What can I say, my trump card is always self depreciating humor. If I cant find something else to rip on or express my disgust in, I turn it inward.

Julie, my internship supervisor gave polite chuckles when she reviewed it and told me it wasnt bad in the same tone that you would tell your two year old that his or her crayon scribbles were ranked right up there with Van Gogh.

After that task, after they determined that we at least knew how to turn on the computer we have been asked to design a site for an upcoming baby expo. The details given on requirements have been sparse, and they must be really hashing it out because after that request last Friday we spent pretty much the entire week just sweating in the loft, seemingly forgotten.

That free time has not gone entirely wasted though, as I have gotten a couple of good sniffs for dead end jobs that I am going to end up hating eventually.

Meh, it is what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment